Howzit, hi och hej!
Welcome to my home page. My name is Kim Bolton and I am Professor in Physical Chemistry at the University of Borås, Sweden. In addition to my teaching and research in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, I coordinate and co-supervise several projects. I have also been Dean of our faculty (2006-2009) and am presently the university's senior advisor on international affairs. I'll keep this page short and let you select the topics that interest you.
Waste management research
Molecular modelling research
· Textile actuators (e.g., for soft robotics)
· Catalytic reactions of relevance to combustion and gasification
· Piezoelectric fibres (e.g., for smart textiles)
· Carbonaceous polymeric nanocomposites (e.g., for smart textiles)
· Tailor-made polymeric materials (e.g., for the packaging industry)
and have recently been involved in
· carbon nanotubes and graphene (e.g., for nanoelectronics)
· decomposition of cellulose (e.g., for bioethanol production)
· phase equilibria (e.g, for petrochemical distillation)
· stratospheric chemistry (e.g., to prevent ozone hole formation)
· water solubility in polyethylene (e.g., for high voltage applications)
I have been involved in the following pedagogical project
and in the following international exchange projects
Course Information: I no longer use my webpage for course information since all courses at our university are given via the Ping Pong virtual classroom.