Howzit, hi och hej!
Welcome to my home page. My name is Kim Bolton and I am Professor in Physical Chemistry at the University of Borås, Sweden. In addition to my teaching and research in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, I coordinate and co-supervise several projects. I have also been Dean of our faculty (2006-2009) and am presently the university's senior advisor on international affairs. I'll keep this page short and let you select the topics that interest you.
Our group performs computational research into
· Catalytic reactions of relevance to combustion and gasification
· piezoelectric fibres (e.g., for smart textiles)
· carbonaceous polymeric nanocomposites (e.g., for smart textiles)
· tailor-made polymeric materials (e.g., for the packaging industry)
and have recently been involved in
· carbon nanotubes and graphene (e.g., for nanoelectronics)
· decomposition of cellulose (e.g., for bioethanol production)
· phase equilibria (e.g, for petrochemical distillation)
· stratospheric chemistry (e.g., to prevent ozone hole formation)
· water solubility in polyethylene (e.g., for high voltage applications)
We also perform research of the effect of social and technical factors that influence how people sort their waste at the source (e.g., in their kitchens).
I have been involved in the following pedagogical project
and in the following international exchange projects
Course Information: I no longer use my webpage for course information since all courses at our university are given via the Ping Pong virtual classroom.