Howzit, hi och hej!
Welcome to my home page. My name is Kim Bolton and I am Professor in Physical Chemistry at the University of Borås, Sweden and at SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden. In addition to my teaching and research in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, I coordinate and co-supervise several projects. I have also been Dean of our faculty (2006-2009) and am presently the university's senior advisor on international affairs. I'll keep this page short and let you select the topics that interest you.
There are two general directions to the research done in our group: resource recovery as well as smart textiles and polymer systems.
§ Catalytic reactions of relevance to combustion and gasification
Smart textiles and polymer systems
· Tailor-made polymeric materials (e.g., for the packaging industry)
We have recently been involved in
· carbon nanotubes and graphene (e.g., for nanoelectronics)
· decomposition of cellulose (e.g., for bioethanol production)
· phase equilibria (e.g., for petrochemical distillation)
· stratospheric chemistry (e.g., to prevent ozone hole formation)
· water solubility in polyethylene (e.g., for high voltage applications)
I have been involved in
and in the following international exchange projects
Course Information: I no longer use my webpage for course information since all courses at our university are given via the Ping Pong virtual classroom.